29 November 2023
ON DEMAND HYDROGEN COMMERCIAL PILOT PLANT PROGRAM
Vytas believes its “On Demand” hydrogen project will have a significant positive impact on economies and industry by supporting the renewable energy transition.
Our hydrogen is process is recyclable, utilises non-beneficial water such as sea water, and the hydrogen is produced “On Demand” only moments before being consumed. Being on demand mitigates the costs and safety challenges of storage and logistics.
- Vytas is moving towards commercial pilot plants with potential partners in defence, mining and an indigenous owned energy company.
- The project is in the design and approvals phase, with the scale likely to be in the range of 300kw-500kw.
- Opportunities to utilize off-the-shelf equipment have been identified, which may result in slightly higher costs than producing the equipment internally but will likely reduce commissioning times and execution risk.
- Vytas will optimize the plant based on a range of reagents, targeting reducing costs and energy inputs.
- Vytas would like to thank the WA Government, the traditional owners, and the local stakeholders for their our White Peaks project and look forward to receiving the assay and physical test work results in the coming weeks.
30 JULY 2023
VYTAS ACHIEVES NEAR THEORETICAL LIMIT OF HYDROGEN PRODUCTION
• Vytas produced “On Demand Hydrogen” at Massachusetts University of Technology’s Lincoln Laboratory in early May using Vytas’ silicon.
• Trials confirms non beneficial water, including ocean water, can be used to produce “On Demand Hydrogen” which unlocks a range of applications.
• Vytas is moving towards commercial pilot plants with potential partners in defence, mining and energy sectors.
• Vytas completes site visit of Lincoln Laboratories in Boston and progresses
commercialisation pathways with US entities.
This major achievement enables hydrogen reactor design for commercial pilot plants in Australia and internationally.
• Vytas’ on demand hydrogen negates the need for the storage and logistics of hydrogen delivering improved safety outcomes and negates expensive infrastructure.
• Vytas seeks to reset the operating cost base for hydrogen having a low-cost natural and recyclable feedstock.
• The potential significance of this opportunity is a game changer for Vytas and may positively disrupt the global energy industry
Please find the following YouTube link to understand Vytas’ “At-Source and On-Demand” Green Hydrogen Strategy
30 JULY 2023
VYTAS ACHIEVES ULTRA HIGH PURITY QUARTZ BELOW DETECTION LIMITS
• Vytas’ in-house process to produce Ultra High Purity Quartz may significantly improve environmental standards for the solar industry.
• Vytas produced Ultra High Purity Quartz below detection limits in Australia, without the need of toxic chemicals commonly used in the solar industry.
• The material has been sent to United States and Northern Asia for detailed testing for off-take parties.
• Vytas’ target product specifications include 99.999% SiO2, suitable for microchips, the solar industry and high end applications.
• Bulk sample will be sent to off-take parties for testing and the manufacture of crucibles.
• Discussions regarding off-take and off-take funding support are advanced.
• Vytas has engage with industry experts for the purpose of commercialisation.
30 NOVEMBER 2022
Vytas Resources (Vytas) is strategically progressing its Green Hydrogen Strategy which is reshaping the company given the potential scale of the opportunity.
This development has presented new options commercially and corporately. The Green Hydrogen Strategy has been described by one prominent resource fund’s manager as “having the tiger by the tail”.
30 SEPTEMBER 2022
The Company has advanced all projects with significant milestones achieved as follows:
Moora Silica Project
Fast track cash flow pathways being investigated.
Tambellup Kaolin Project
4N HPA successfully produced using a non-hydrochloric acid process. The significance of removing the need for hydrochloric acid results in substantially lower Capex and Opex typically associated with HPA production.
White Peaks and Ajana Projects
Optimisation of high strength low carbon concrete with industry partners showing strong interest to both partner with Vytas and gain access to our product
High Purity Silicon
Test work and assessment has commenced for the potential for an “at-site” and “on-demand” hydrogen production process which could revolutionize this green energy source.